Link to this page: about.mpd.me
I am currently the CEO & Co-Founder of Kohort.
I'm also a Venture Partner at High Peaks Venture Partners.
I'm currently in the process of releasing a book (or two) on raising venture capital.
Prior, I was a VC at DFJ Gotham Ventures, where I invested in information companies. Some of the companies I have recently been involved with include: ADstruc, Drop.io (sold to Facebook), Medialets, SailThru, Seamless Receipts, STELLAservice, Warby Parker, ViVOtech and Yipit.
I love what I do and I think I'm having an impact. My blog has garnered some attention and the folks at Business Insider were nice enough to list me as one of the 100 Most Influential Digital NYers. I've also been included in the CVC30 - a list of the 30 most interesting members of the Columbia University startup community.
This blog has been syndicated or cited on Inc.com, Mashable, Business Insider, OPENForum, AlwaysOn, PEHub, ReadWriteWeb, The Wall Street Journal and others.
I also spend a lot of my time trying to build community for entrepreneurs. I:
- founded the New York Venture Community,
- founded the Columbia Venture Community,
- advise the NYU Venture Community,
- advise the UPenn Venture Association,
- mentor for TechStars NY,
- mentor for ER Accelerator,
- mentor for Founder Labs,
- mentor for Enstitute,
- mentor for NY Venture Fellows,
- entrepreneur board member of Venture For America,
- advisory board member of Techies Give Back,
- co-organized the DFJ $250K East Coast Venture Challenges
- advised Duke’s Global Entrepreneurship Network and
- was on NY Tech Meetup's Community Committee.
Before becoming a VC, I founded Zotspot, an internet search destination, and advised Fortune 1000 companies and private equity firms on the attractiveness of acquisition targets while at both KPMG and Bain & Company.
As for interests, I really enjoy brainstorming new ideas, tinkering with new technology, listening to pandora, boxing, documentaries and an occasional game of rock band.
I am married to my college sweetheart Laurie and have a daughter named Avery.
- Why I blog
- My approach to VC
- My investment thesis
- Company involvement
- Venture community
- Public ramblings